New Hampshire Labor Laws – In New Hampshire, there are several wage and hour laws to protect employees.
Below are some of the top wage and hour violations by employers:
1. Failure to pay all wages due for hours worked, fringe benefits, breaks less than 20 minutes, etc.
2. Failure to keep an accurate record of all hours worked.
3. Failure to pay 2 hours minimum pay at their regular rate of pay on a given day than an employee reports working at the request of the employer.
4. Illegal deductions from wages.
5. Failure to provide written notice to employees of their wage rate, pay period, payday and a description of fringe benefits, including any changes.
An employee who is owed wages has two options for collecting wages. First, the employee may file a Wage Claim with the New Hampshire Department of Labor. Second, an employee may file a lawsuit in Superior Court to collect wages. If filed in court, the lawsuit can recover costs and attorney’s fees.
If you feel you have a wage issue (or are owed wages), it is important to contact one of our employment law attorneys at Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C. Call us at (603) 288-1403 or fill out our online contact form.