Workers' Compensation

With over 100 years of combined experience, our firm is here to help you.

Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Hampshire

Recovery Takes Time. We Can Help.

Injuries at work happen frequently. Make sure you get the necessary medical care and report the injury promptly to your employer. Following a work injury, you now have medical care, mounting bills, and lost wages.

You owe it to yourself and your family to get the workers’ compensation payments you need while you recover from your injuries. Our New Hampshire workers’ compensation lawyers at Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C. will aggressively protect your rights with the insurance company and at the NH Department of Labor.

Insurance companies have teams of adjusters and lawyers working for them. Don’t be at the mercy of the insurance companies. Many people ask, “Do I need a lawyer?” You want someone with experience and a proven track record.

Call (603) 288-1403 for a free consultation today, or contact us online to work with our New Hampshire workers’ compensation firm.

Fighting for Employees' Rights

At Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C., our loyalty is simple — we only represent employees, not employers. We make this distinction so it’s clear to everyone where our workers’ compensation lawyers stand. We fight for injured employees. After a work-related injury, you need to focus on recovering so we’ll focus on your case.

Our workers’ compensation lawyers include a former state Supreme Court and Superior Court Judge. He actually wrote the New Hampshire Evidence Manual which is used by judges and lawyers across the state regarding evidence cases.

Our Workers’ Compensation Services

Once we are involved, the New Hampshire workers’ compensation lawyers at Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C. take immediate action. We handle all communications with the insurance company. We investigate the facts of your accident and put together the best legal strategy. This may involve interviewing witnesses, consulting experts, or preserving other helpful evidence.

We regularly appear before the New Hampshire Department of Labor and the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board to get employees their benefits.

Our workers’ compensation attorneys represent injured workers with all aspects of claims, including:

Weekly Indemnity Benefits

  • An injured employee is entitled to a weekly payment (tax-free) equal to 60% of your average weekly wage.

Payment of Medical Bills

  • The insurance company is obligated to pay the cost of medical, hospital, and remedial care related to a work injury. This might include payment for such medical services as hospital and surgical services, doctor visits, physical therapy, prescriptions, and other medical expenses which are necessary because of your injury.

Partial Disability Benefits

  • Temporary partial benefits are paid to an injured employee if they are capable of returning to work and cannot earn what they were earning prior to their injury. A partially disabled employee is entitled to a certain percentage of the difference between your prior average weekly wage and what you are able to earn currently.

Permanent Impairment Awards

  • If an injury has caused a permanent loss of function to certain body parts, you may be eligible for a permanent impairment award. The amount of compensation is based on the percentage of permanent loss to a compensable body part and the amount of your average weekly wage.

Reinstatement of Employees

  • Under certain circumstances, an employer is obligated to provide the injured employee’s position within 18 months.

Vocational Rehabilitation

  • You may be entitled to vocational rehabilitation assistance if you are unable to return to your prior employment or the kind of work for which you have training or experience. This involves a vocational rehabilitation counselor to assist locating and applying for suitable jobs.

Appeal Workers’ Compensation Denial

  • If the workers’ compensation carrier denies your claim or if your claim is denied after a hearing at the Department of Labor, do not give up. You can request a hearing in order to dispute the insurance company’s denial of your claim or get a hearing before the Compensation Appeals Board.

Additional Resources

Call (603) 288-1403 for a free consultation today with our New Hampshire workers’ compensation lawyers.

Our Client Stories

  • You are my hero!

    “Our client recently wrote Attorney Ben King a lovely note: "Ben, Thank you for all your good work and counsel on behalf of my son Michael. Knowing he was in your capable hands let me sleep better and ...”

    - Ronald G. Wiesenthal
  • Best lawyer I ever could have asked for to represent me!

    “Benjamin King was the best lawyer I ever could have asked for to represent me, because he was passionate and knowledgeable about fighting discrimination. He believed me and fought for me.”

    - Kate Frederick
  • Kevin Has Been Wonderful!

    “I'm happy with the result and would recommend the firm to anyone in need of someone that will truly fight for them.”

    - Brandie Gonthier
  • The Law Firm that WINS for you, when other Law Firms can't, BEST of the BEST!!

    “Whatever you do, hire this Law Office to fight for you and WIN. When other Law Offices tell you they will win, they don't, this Law Office and Ben King won a very intricate case.”

    - Tom C

Our Victories

  • $1,500,000 YDC Claim

    Maximum Settlement for YDC Abuse Victim through Private Claims Fund

  • $1,000,000 Auto Accident

    Rear End Car Accident

  • $410,000 Workers' Compensation
  • $200,000 Slip & Fall