Gender Discrimination Attorneys in New Hampshire
Paving the Way for Equality Since 1997
Gender discrimination is not new and occurs frequently in New Hampshire. According to the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights, the state agency responsible for investigating such claims, gender discrimination is one of the more common forms of unlawful employment discrimination. In the United States, there were over 28,000 complaints of gender discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for 2008. Our New Hampshire gender discrimination lawyers want to successfully resolve your claim. At Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C., we understand the sensitive and difficult nature of these cases and the emotional upset caused by the discrimination.
It is unlawful to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of his/her sex in regards to hiring, termination, promotion, compensation, job training, or any other term, condition, or privilege of employment. Employment decisions based on stereotypes and assumptions about abilities, traits, or the performance of individuals on the basis of sex are also not allowed.
Our Gender Discrimination Services
Our gender discrimination lawyers handle many gender-related discrimination areas, including:
- Sexual harassment: This includes practices ranging from direct requests for sexual favors to workplace conditions that create a hostile environment for persons of either gender, including same-sex harassment.
- Pregnancy Based Discrimination: The Pregnancy Discrimination Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions.
Why Choose Us
Insurance companies and employers know our reputation for going to trial with successful results for our clients. This gives us leverage to get you the compensation you deserve for your gender discrimination claim. If you have been victimized by gender discrimination on the job, our New Hampshire gender discrimination lawyers have years of trial experience in successfully handling gender discrimination claims. We can represent you against your employer and the insurance company at the EEOC, NH Commission for Human Rights, or in court.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- NH Commission for Human Rights
- NH Department of Employment Security
- NH Department of Labor
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- NH Supreme Court Decision Wrongful Discharge by Justice Charles Douglas