New Hampshire National Origin Discrimination Lawyers
140+ Years Combined Experience
According to the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights, the state agency which investigates discrimination complaints, national origin discrimination occurs in New Hampshire. Across the country, national origin discrimination claims are on the rise based on complaints filed at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for 2008. Our New Hampshire national origin discrimination lawyers want to successfully resolve your claim.
How We Protect You
National origin discrimination can take many forms, and our discrimination lawyers handle many areas of national origin discrimination-related protections, including:
- Employment decisions: Employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, and firing or layoffs, based on national origin are prohibited.
- Harassment: Offensive conduct, such as ethnic slurs, that creates a hostile work environment based on national origin are prohibited. Employers are required to take appropriate steps to prevent and correct unlawful harassment. Likewise, employees are responsible for reporting harassment at an early stage to prevent its escalation.
- Accent discrimination: Race or color discrimination may not be the basis for differences in pay or benefits, work assignments, performance evaluations, training, discipline or discharge, or any other area of employment.
- English fluency: A fluency requirement is only permissible if required for the effective performance of the position for which it is imposed.
- English-only rules: English-only rules must be adopted for nondiscriminatory reasons. An English-only rule may be used if it is needed to promote the safe or efficient operation of the employer’s business.
Insurance companies and employers know our reputation for going to trial with successful results for our clients. This gives us leverage to get you the compensation you deserve for your national origin discrimination claim.
If you have been victimized by national origin discrimination on the job, our New Hampshire national origin discrimination lawyers have years of trial experience in successfully handling cases. We can represent you against your employer and the insurance company at the EEOC, NH Commission for Human Rights, or in court.